Call for expressions of interest for Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists for the 2017–2018 Academic Year
September 30, 2016
The China Media Observatory welcomes one highly motivated post-doc researcher and one Ph.D. candidate wishing to apply to the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship for Foreign Scholars and Artists for the 2017- 2018 Academic Year.
Info on the scholarship
The Swiss Government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards University scholarships and Arts scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers. These scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public funded university or recognized institution, CMO is one of them.
Please, note that the type of grants which are offered may vary from country to country, please visit sbfi webiste for details.
Duration and Budget
Research scholarship: 12 months maximum (starting in September) no extension possible. The Scholarship amount per month is 1’920.00 CHF.
For PhD, the grant is awarded for a maximum of 3 years. The Scholarship amount per month is 1’920.00 CHF.
For Post-doctoral researchers, the grant is awarded for a maximum of 12 months. The Scholarship amount per month is 3’500.00 CHF.
- PhD Students possessing required degree (MSc) to carry out a PhD program at the chosen Swiss university. Admission regulations of the hosting Swiss institution are applied.
- Post-doctoral researchers holding a PhD degree.
CMO welcomes expressions of interest of researchers interested in the following fields:
- Media studies/ media history/ history of telecommunications;
- Media theory;
- Political economy of communication, especially in digital networks;
- Cultural studies.
Successful candidates will be under the supervision of Prof. Gabriele Balbi during their visiting periodo at CMO.
There are 3 main selection criteria relevant in the evaluation:
- The academic profile and research capacity of the applicants;
- Originality and methodological soundness of the research project;
- The academic context (quality of supervision and potential for future academic cooperation).
Scholarships for post-doctoral researchers are extendable for other 6 months.
If you are interested to apply please send:
- your CV
- 1 page with your research proposal
- a letter of motivation
to email@example.com by the end of September 2016.